It’s that time again! When weekly drama classes begin to work on their Spring Showcase Presentations: small play-like presentations where each student plays a character, memorizes lines, picks out props and costumes, and collaborates with their class through teamwork to show off their public speaking skills and more! It’s tons of fun for everyone as students get to be silly and creative while showing off the skills they’ve learned and for parents when they see their child shine bright with confidence!
Check out this year’s Showcase Presentations:
This year, the Kinder Kids students (4-5 years old) will be performing “The Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe”
Our KinderKids kid’s theater program is an excellent way to introduce the long-term benefits of dramatic arts participation to children attending Pre-K, or Kindergarten. Each KinderKid student in our kid’s theater program is highly involved in drama enrichment classes that develops speaking skills, builds confidence, and enhances early social skills and creative learning. The Drama Kids Instructors of our kid’s theater program make sure all students feel comfortable and recognized so they will stretch and grow in a very positive environment. New scenes and activities are held in each drama enrichment class. Don’t miss the fun!
Lower Primary students (5-8 years old) will be presenting a Spring Showcase called “Pirate Joe/Jane”
“For many a young pirate joining the Great Captain Joe’s Expedition could only be a dream. The promise of a glamorous life of the high seas attracts many to join Captain
Joe. The reality on board is quite different, though. But is it too late? Who can stop this unstoppable and clever tyrant? Join our Pirate Crew to find out!”
The Drama Kids developmental drama program for Lower Primary provides young children ages 5 to 8 with acting, performing, and public speaking classes designed to develop clear speech, fluent delivery, and pleasing social skills.
Upper Primary students (9-11 years old) will be presenting “Big Mystery at the Big Top” as their Spring Showcase
“Once a fantastic circus, The Big Top is now a big flop, frustrating its talented and hard-working performers. Reminiscing on their long-gone “sold out” nights, these stars decide to change the course of their fate and fight together to bring the kids back to the circus…but not without solving a Big Mystery first. Help solve the mystery and restore The Big Top to fame!”
The confident, articulate child finds it easier to make friends, accept new challenges and explore new directions. The Drama Kids Upper Primary children’s theater classes are acting workshops for kids, ages 9-11, designed to help each child achieve these invaluable life skills. Students in our Upper Primary children’s theater classes participate in a wide range of creative activities including speech, dramatic movement, improvisation, snippets and scene starters.
This Spring, Acting Academy students (12-18 years old) will present either “The Triumph of Trevor Truelove” or “The Guilty Party”
“This small European village is in an uproar! Will the evil Lord Villiers steal our heroine Lucy Goodheart from the arms of her beloved Trevor Truelove? Or will good overcome evil in this melodrama packed with treachery, intrigue, and double-dealing? Join our passionate cast of characters to find out.”
“Join us for a reunion to remember. The class of ’72 is ready to celebrate their
10-year reunion! This hilarious cast of characters will bring you back in time with
characters you love to hate! What happens when a classmate is nowhere to be found???”
DKI Acting Academy provides acting classes for teens who want to expand their skills in acting, public speaking, and performing. As students participate in our drama enrichment program and stage actual performances, they build confidence and learn to think more creatively. That foundation can have a dramatic impact on academic, personal, and professional success!
Welcome to our Drama Kids Family
We are so happy you have registered for Drama Kids and can’t wait to kick off another action-packed year. To check which day your child’s class meets, please click here to check the schedule and times. To check which day your child’s class meets, please click here to check the schedule and times.
1. If you have registered to pay automatically using your credit card. Tuition is automatically charged to your card on the 1st of the month (or the 1st business day of the month if it’s on a weekend). Our tuition is based on full-year tuition, not per class; we simply divide the full tuition by the number of months to keep it a consistent monthly payment for everyone. Please be sure to keep your credit card information updated if there are any changes throughout the year. You can log in to our secure parent portal by clicking the blue parent portal button at the top of this page.
2. Please contact us by email if you have comments, questions, or concerns about your child, our program, or registrations, as we are unable to have parent meetings on class days. Drop-off and pick up’s are very busy and make for unproductive parent/teacher discussions.
3. Drama Kids will provide a roster to the school prior to the first day of class, so the school is aware that you have given approval for your child to attend our program. There will be a separate announcement and dismissal… … for children attending Drama Kids.
4. If your child needs to be released to an after-care program at your school after Drama Kids, please send a note with your child to give to the Drama kids teacher and also let your school know to expect your child to be dropped off after their Drama Kids class.
5. The children will not be going back to their lockers after our Drama Kids class, so they should bring any items that are going home with them directly to class with them.
6. Please check your class end time by clicking the link here. The school office is normally closed at that time, so you will not be able to enter the building. Please pull up to the car pick-up line and wait for your child there. Our teacher will dismiss the children to you at your vehicle unless you prefer to park and wait outside the main door for your child. Please be patient in the car line as we want to make sure all the children are picked up safely. The safety and care of your child is of utmost importance to us.
Parents, please be aware that our Drama Kids teachers often leave immediately to teach another class. Please plan accordingly to pick your child up promptly at the scheduled dismissal time. If a child is not picked up within 5 minutes of dismissal, we will make every effort to contact the parents and the emergency contact number provided; however, if we are unable to reach anyone, your child will be taken to the school after-care program and you will be responsible for paying their fees, and you will be charged $1 per minute you are late to compensate our teacher for their time.
7. Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts so that you receive any class updates and announcements. Please also like and
share our Facebook page @dramakidsnwi. You can also check this news page for class updates or special announcements.
8. We do not require elaborate costumes or props but sometimes ask the children to bring something to class that revolves around our lesson. We never require that you go out and buy something, we simply ask if you have something at home to allow your child to bring it when possible.
We look forward to meeting you and I thank you for allowing us to bring the many rewards of drama into the lives of your family! It’s going to be a fun year!