ACT UP! To Stop Bullying
Drama Kids is proud to introduce our newest initiative – ACT UP! to Stop Bullying. This series of anti-bullying workshops is designed for 3rd through 5th graders and utilizes a variety of student participatory drama activities and group discussions to teach children about the various forms of bullying and the ways in which students can properly respond.
Specifically, the workshops are designed to help students:
- Understand the many and different forms of bullying, from physical and verbal attacks to more subtle forms like purposefully excluding someone from a group
- See the different roles they can play when bullying occurs, from silent participant to observer to preventer
- Reinforce that their negative feelings about bullying are very common and shared with their peers
- Learn how to model good behavior
- Role play to learn how to identify bullying and practice safe and effective interventions
Drama Kids Provides
- Imaginative learning experiences that also include occasional fun class performances to enhance the experience.
- Highly qualified and specially trained teachers.
- New creative lessons in each class, proven to both fun and highly developmental.
- Programs in community centers, schools and other convenient locations.