We hire people who love working with children or young adults. We provide the training, lessons, and supplies to get you started to begin teaching children’s drama programs. You provide your experience and personality. Our instructors must have prior teaching and/or drama experience to take advantage of our acting class teaching opportunities. If you enjoy working with children and are looking to work just a few hours per week or more this is the job for you! We value class leadership, energy, and a positive, dedicated attitude. If hired, you will receive an excellent hourly rate for your time, plus possible bonus incentives. You will lead fun classes and enjoy watching your students grow in the skills and confidence that you build in them through Drama!
No calls please.
To Apply: Complete the form below and submit with your resume.
View Job Description
After School Drama Teacher – Part Time Position
Drama Kids of Northern Michigan – Traverse City, MI
Traverse City, Michigan; Elk Rapids, Michigan; Petoskey
Drama Kids International currently has a part-time position open for the 2018-19 school year (October – May). Teachers must be available between 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on school days.
Drama Kids is a Creative Drama & Literacy Enrichment Program where kids “Act Up” with a purpose! We work with our students’ imagination and creativity to develop literacy skills, public speaking, leadership/teamwork and acting abilities, while building their confidence and essential life skills learned in a fun and professional atmosphere.
Join a Program that Changes Lives!
We are looking for part-time caring, fun and motivated teachers who are passionate about developing children to join our growing team. Our teachers believe in what they do and that they can affect positive change every day. Their energy and enthusiasm encourages kids to become the best communicators they can be! Our goal is to develop kids who are able to strive and thrive as the 21st century unfolds
As a member of our great team you will:
- Work 2-5 hours per week in the afternoon and early evening
- Teach and mentor students from 4 to 17 years of age
- Follow provided world renowned lesson plans on speech, movement & acting
- Direct plays
- Build relationships with parents and students
- Deliver presentations
- Foster relationships with local schools
- Attend training and monthly staff meetings
- Have potential to do additional administrative and marketing work/projects for our location
We are looking for people that:
- Have a heart for kids!
- Are looking for a very part-time and fun opportunity (4-10 hours/week)
- Have teaching experience and excellent classroom management skills
- Are performance oriented
- Have excellent communication and organizational skills
- With HIGH ENERGY and flexibility
- Have afternoons available
- Are willing and able to commit for at least one school year
- Have reliable transportation and are willing to commute to various schools and community center locations within Grand Traverse or surrounding Counties
- NO drama or theater experience is necessary!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary starts at $25/hour depending on experience