Spring is almost here, and our team at Drama Kids International is ready to bid farewell to winter! In honor of the upcoming season, we thought it would be great to share some family-friendly springtime activities with you!
- Break out the outdoor toys. Spring brings warmer temperatures around, making it a great time to begin embracing outdoor life with your family. Get the bubbles out, start bouncing on the trampoline again, hit the playground and swing to your heart’s content!
- Have a spring scavenger hunt. With the changing of the seasons comes a whole new world for your child to explore! Create a scavenger hunt centered around nature, looking out for blooming flowers, birds’ nests and baby critters!
- Start planning your garden. It may still be too soon to start planting your garden, but your family can take some time to discuss and plan out what will go in this year’s garden! You can even enjoy outdoor time and start prepping the area for planting season. Be sure to include some veggies in your garden, so that you can build healthy eating habits in your kids!
- Make a bird feeder. Spring is a time to enjoy nature’s beauty, and making a bird feeder with your kids is a great way for them to embrace their creative side and ultimately enjoy gazing at our feathered friends!
- Visit a farmers’ market. Farmers’ markets begin to “spring” to life during this new season, and a trip to one can be an exciting adventure with your family on the weekends! Enjoy the fresh fruits and veggies and teach your child about supporting small local businesses at the same time!
- Have a picnic. Is there anything better than enjoying a sunny Saturday at your local park? Yes—enjoying that Saturday at the park with some delicious goodies! Pack up your picnic basket, grab the family and head to the park!
- Paint rocks. Painting rocks has become a popular hobby for many and is something that your artists-in-residence children will love! Let them decorate some rocks for the garden or leave them as a special surprise at a family member or friend’s house!
- Go stargazing. Once the chill of winter has fully moved on, taking in the night sky and pointing out various constellations to your kids is a great way to both educate and inspire them!
We hope that this list of springtime ideas blossoms into enjoyable activities for your family to enjoy! Don’t forget that summer is coming up quick, and the time to start thinking about enrolling your child in a Drama Kids International summer camp is now! Contact your local DKI to find out about the programs they’ll be offering and take advantage of any early bird discounts they may have!