ACT UP! To Stop Bullying
Drama Kids is proud to introduce our newest initiative – ACT UP! to Stop Bullying. This series of anti-bullying workshops are designed for elementary students, 3rd through 5th graders, and utilizes a variety of student participatory drama activities and group discussions to teach children about the various forms of bullying and the ways in which students can properly respond.
Specifically, the anti-bullying workshops are designed to help elementary students:
- Understand the many and different forms of bullying, from physical and verbal attacks to more subtle forms like purposefully excluding someone from a group
- See the different roles they can play when bullying occurs, from silent participant to observer to preventer
- Reinforce that their negative feelings about bullying are very common and shared with their peers
- Learn how to model good behavior
- Role play to learn how to identify bullying and practice safe and effective interventions
Drama Kids Provides
- Imaginative learning experiences that also include occasional fun class performances to enhance the experience.
- Highly qualified and specially trained teachers.
- New creative lessons in each class, proven to both fun and highly developmental.
- Programs in community centers, schools and other convenient locations.